Vegan Roasted Garlic Alfredo Sauce – creamy and delicious, this dairy-free, vegan Alfredo sauce is a must-try!!
- 1–2 cloves roasted garlic (or garlic confit – although raw garlic cloves will work just as well!)
- 2 cups raw cashews (soaked in water overnight or soaked in boiling water for at least 30 min)
- 1/4 cup diced white onion
- 1/2 cup +1 Tablespoon vegetable broth (plus additional for thinning out)
- 2 Teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 Teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup Califia unsweetened almond milk
- Combine ingredients in high-powered blender.
- Blend on high for several minutes, stopping periodically to scrape down the sides.
- If you want the consistency thinner, add additional vegetable broth 1 Tablespoon at a time.
- Taste and add additional garlic or salt, to taste.
- Continue blending on high until it reaches a smooth consistency.
As the sauce is heated it will thicken up. Keep additional vegetable broth on hand, adding one tablespoon at a time to thin sauce out as it heats up (as needed).
Keywords: dairy free Alfredo sauce, vegan Alfredo sauce, whole30 Alfredo sauce, paleo Alfredo sauce