Easy Blackberry Compote – a simple and delicious recipe that you are going to love!
- 6 oz (about 1 1/2 cups) fresh blackberries
- 1/2 Teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 Teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 Tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 Tablespoon water
- In small saucepan, combine all ingredients and stir to combine.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and leave uncovered.
- Let simmer approximately 10-12 minutes or until berries/sauce has reduced and thickened slightly (remember it will thicken up more as it cools).
- Let cool slightly and then either serve warm or refrigerate for later.
- Other Berries: this could easily work with raspberries as well!
- Serving suggestions: serve with your favorite dairy-free yogurt (perfect for making your own “yogurt with fruit on the bottom”
- Storage: store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Frozen Berries: you can make this with frozen berries, but it will be best with fresh. If you are using frozen, place on a paper towel to thaw before using.
Keywords: blackberry compote