A simple and delicious weeknight dinner that is Paleo and Whole30!
- 1 head of butter lettuce (gently break off whole leaves, rinse and set aside on a plate)
- 1–1 1/2 pounds ground chicken
- 1/2 Tablespoons freshly grated ginger
- 1 Tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 can diced water chestnuts
- 1/2 sweet yellow onion, minced
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 1 Teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup coco aminos
- 1 Teaspoon red pepper flakes
- In skillet, add olive oil and bring pan to medium high heat.
- Add garlic and ginger, move around with a spoon until the garlic becomes fragrant, about 1 minutes.
- Add onion and stir until they reduce and become slightly translucent, about 3 minutes
- Add chicken and stir until fully cooked.
- If there is a lot of liquid at the bottom of the pan at this point, pour out.
- Add water chestnuts, sesame oil, coconut aminos and salt and pepper to taste (I would add salt 1 teaspoon at a time).
- Stir to fully combine.
- Feel free to add additional coconut aminos if you desire or if you think the chicken is too dry.
- Combine sauce ingredients and set aside.
- Serve immediately by taking a leaf of butter lettuce, adding chicken mixture, topping with chopped green onion, some sauce and any additional red pepper flakes desired.
- Note: if you want it more spicy, feel free to add 1 Teaspoon of red pepper flakes in the pan along with the garlic and ginger at the beginning.