- 1 lb broccoli (cut into bite-sized pieces)
- 1–2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 12–15 oz cavatappi noodles (feel free to use gluten free!)
- 4 Tablespoons ghee (or butter), cut into small chunks
- 10 oz goat cheese, cut into small chunks (Divided)
- pinch of salt and ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Heat water in pasta pot.
- In the meantime, put broccoli on foil-lined baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil and salt; mix.
- Place in oven for 7-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until slightly charred.
- Cook cavatappi per box instructions until al dente.
- Save 1 1/2 cups pasta water.
- Drain pasta and return to pot.
- In medium bowl, combine butter, 6 oz goat cheese, 1/2 cup pasta water and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Whisk until everything is melted and sauce is smooth.
- Pour sauce over pasta.
- Add broccoli and toss.
- You can either serve immediately or, if you want to go another step, place pasta in cast iron skillet and cover with remaining goat cheese.
- Broil for 5 minutes, or until goat cheese starts to brown.
- Serve immediately.