Goat Cheese Mac and Cheese + Roasted Broccoli – a fun spin on your classic Mac and Cheese!
- 1 lb broccoli (cut into bite-sized pieces)
- 1–2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 12–15 oz cavatappi noodles (feel free to use gluten free!)
- 4 Tablespoons ghee (or butter), cut into small chunks
- 8 oz goat cheese, cut into small chunks
- pinch of salt and ground black pepper
- Preheat: Preheat oven to 350.
- Water for Pasta: Heat water in pasta pot.
- Prep Broccoli: In the meantime, put broccoli on parchment-lined baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil and salt; massage oil into the broccoli.
- Roast Broccoli: Place in oven for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until slightly charred.
- Cook Pasta: Cook cavatappi per box instructions until al dente.
- Save: Save 1 1/2 cups pasta water.
- Drain: Drain remaining pasta water and leave pasta in colander.
- Combine: In the same pot you cooked the pasta in, combine butter, goat cheese, 1 cup pasta water and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Whisk: Whisk until everything is melted and sauce is smooth.
- Pasta: Add pasta back into the pot and stir.
- Broccoli: Add broccoli and toss.
- Additional Water: Add remaining 1/2 cup of pasta water, as needed, to smooth out the sauce.
- Stir: Continue stirring as the pasta soaks up the sauce!
- Serve: Serve immediately.
- Pasta: Feel free to use a different typo of pasta than cavatappi – just ensure whatever you use cook it al dente and don’t forget to reserve 1 1/2 cups of pasta water before draining the rest!
- Gluten-Free: You can definitely use gluten-free noodles! Jovial is my favorite gluten-free pasta brand.
- Broccolini: You could totally use broccolini instead of regular broccoli!
- Leftovers: Makes great leftovers! Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container. You might need to add a little melted butter, unsweetened almond milk or even little vegetable broth to help bring it back to life!
Keywords: goat cheese mac and cheese