A delicious Paleo + Gluten-Free Berry Crisp!!
- 12 oz fresh raspberries
- 12 oz fresh blackberries
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- 2 Teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1 Teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Bob’s Red Mill Arrowroot Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons Bob’s Red Mill Coconut Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon real maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Combine Berry Filling ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Mix to fully combine.
- Let the berry mixture sit for at least 15 minutes to allow the sugar to break down the berries.
- Meanwhile, combine the pecans, walnuts, almond flour, coconut flakes, coconut sugar, cinnamon and salt in a food processor.
- Pulse a couple times until the walnuts and pecans are broken down a bit (2-3 pulses should do it). You want them to be about the size of an oat or bigger.
- Pour that mixture into a mixing bowl.
- Add the melted ghee and use a fork to mix together.
- Pour the berries mixture into a 9×13 pan and spread evenly.
- Pour the Crisp mixture on top and spread out evenly across all of the berries.
- Bake on middle rack at 375 for 35 minutes or until berries are bubbly and the topping is slightly browned.
- Remove and let sit to cool (this will allow the berries to thicken more) for approximately 10 minutes.
- If you don’t have either pecans or walnuts, you can use 1.5 cups of either – as long as you have 1.5 cups of some combination of walnuts, pecans or both you will be fine.
- I would recommend using ghee in the crisp topping, but I also tested it with maple syrup and it worked fine.
Keywords: berry crisp