Cherry Smoothie – an easy, flavorful cherry smoothie that is perfect for breakfast on the go or a quick afternoon snack! Add açaí if you want!
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 2 cups frozen cherries
- 1/2 cup plain dairy-free yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup unsweetened almondmilk
- (optional) 3.5oz packet frozen açaí
- Add ingredients to a high-powered blender. Blend on high, stopping to scrape down sides as needed, until consistency is smooth.
- Add additional almond milk, as needed, a splash at at time if you want your smoothie thinner.
- To thicken, add additional frozen cherries or banana.
- Frozen Fruit: you can make this with unfrozen banana and cherries, but I would then recommend adding in a handful of ice cubes so it thickens and is cold enough. That being said, use frozen fruit for best results.
- Protein: feel free to make this more of a meal with a serving of your favorite protein powder.
- Collagen: I love adding collagen to all of my smoothies and a scoop of collagen works great in this one too!
- Smoothie Bowl: Feel free to reduce the amount of almond milk used so the smoothie is much thicker and then you can serve it as a smoothie bowl!
- Other add-ins: you can add in fresh spinach, kale, ground flax or chia seeds as well!
Keywords: cherry smoothie, cherry açaí smoothie