Cranberry Orange Sauce – a wonderfully flavorful and delicious cranberry sauce, a classic Thanksgiving side dish!
- 10oz fresh cranberries (frozen works too)
- 1 cup apple cider
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- the zest of one orange
- the juice of one orange
- Combine all ingredients into a medium saucepan. Stir to combine.
- Bring to boil and then immediately reduce to simmer. Let simmer, uncovered, for approximately 25-35 minutes.
- Remove and let cool before serving.
- Consistency: If you like your cranberry sauce thicker simply let it simmer a little longer (just keep an eye on it so it doesn’t get TOO dry). If you like your orange cranberry sauce thinner either don’t let it simmer as long or add an additional splash or two of apple cider to thin it at at the end.
- Make ahead: This is the perfect dish to make ahead for a Thanksgiving dinner! Simply store in the fridge overnight in a covered container.
- Leftovers: leftover cranberry sauce can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 10-14 days.
- Serving Size: 1/4 cup
- Calories: 138
- Sugar: 31.8 g
- Sodium: 5.3 mg
- Fat: 0.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 36.2 g
- Protein: 0.3 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: cranberry orange sauce, cranberry sauce