The perfect summer pasta dish (and the leftovers are amazing).
- 16oz angel hair gluten-free pasta, cooked al dente (I love the Jovial brand – or use regular pasts if you want!)
- olive oil
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup fresh shaved parmesan cheese (optional)
- kosher salt
- 4–6 garlic heads, roasted
- Tomatoes: suggested – 2 large heirlooms halved, 40 or so cherry tomatoes of all colors
- Note: there really isn’t a wrong amount of tomatoes to use or kinds/varieties. The greater variety you use, the greater depth will be in your flavor. You simply need enough tomatoes per serving to help create enough of a sauce.
- Heat oven to 400.
- Roast garlic per instructions in post tutorial linked in post.
- Once garlic is done, remove from oven and, keeping it wrapped in foil, set aside.
- Place tomatoes on same baking sheet and lightly drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. If you are using larger tomatoes that are halved, place the open side faced up.
- Roast on middle rack for 10 minutes, checking periodically. You want the cherry tomatoes to start to wrinkle, if they still look normal, keep them in the oven for another 5 minutes or so.
- Finish off the tomatoes under the broiler for 2-3 minutes.
- Cook your pasta al dente.
- When fully cooked, drain and toss in enough olive oil to lightly coat.
- Sprinkle with 1 Teaspoon salt, more to taste.
- On each plate, place 1/4 of the pasta, 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, 1/4 cup basil leaves and 1/4 of the tomatoes.
- Finally, take the garlic and use a small fork to pull out the garlic cloves. Place about one head of garlic worth of cloves on each plate.