Fall Farro Salad – a delicious farro salad recipe packed with flavor and goodness! Delicata squash, arugula and more! The perfect side dish!
- 1 cup uncooked farro
- 1 delicata squash, cubed
- 1–2 tablespoons Primal Kitchen Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2–3 handfuls fresh arugula
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup goat cheese or feta, crumbled
- 1/4 cup pepitas
Honey Mustard Dressing:
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2–3 tablespoons Primal Kitchen Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- pinch of salt
- Cook Farro: Bring 4 cups water to boil in a medium saucepan. Meanwhile, rinse the farro. Add to the pot of boiling water. Simmer 25-30 minutes or until fully cooked; drain and set aside.
- Cook Squash: Meanwhile, preheat oven to 415 degrees F. Place delicata squash on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with kosher salt. Toss to coat. Place in the oven, middle rack, and let roast 10-15 minutes. Remove and let cool slightly.
- Make Dressing: Add Honey Mustard Dressing ingredients to a mason jar. Shake to combine. Taste and adjust any flavors, as desired. Alternatively, add ingredients to a small bowl and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Combine: Combine farro, squash, arugula, cranberries, cheese and pepitas. Toss to combine. Serve dressing separately and use, as-desired.
- Squash: feel free to use a different variety of squash if you prefer.
- Arugula: a massaged kale would probably work here too.
- Cheese: we tested this with both goat cheese and feta – the feta is a lot lighter of a flavor while the goat cheese is a bit stronger. Both worked for different reasons! You could also make this dairy-free by using a dairy-free feta.
- Storage: store salad and dressing separately (ensure squash is fully cooled before storing with the arugula) – store both in airtight containers in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Serving Size: 6oz
- Calories: 225
- Sugar: 11.7 g
- Sodium: 589 mg
- Fat: 10.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 26 g
- Protein: 7.8 g
- Cholesterol: 10.5 mg
Keywords: fall farro salad, farro salad