How To Cook Farro – an easy tutorial for how to cook farro – 3 different ways (stovetop, slow cooker, & Instant Pot)!
- 2 quarts water or broth (8 cups)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup farro, rinsed
- Add water and salt to a medium saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Meanwhile, rinse farro.
- Add farro to water. Return to boil then reduce to a simmer for 25-30 minutes.
- Drain off excess water and use in your favorite recipe (we love this one!).
- Pre-Soak Method: you can soak farro in water overnight in the refrigerator prior to cooking the next day. Drain excess water. Bring 3-4 cups water or broth to boil. Add farro and cook for approx. 10 minutes or until tender. Drain and use as desired.
- Slow Cooker Method: Add 1 cup rinsed farro, 4 cups water or both and 1 teaspoon kosher salt to your favorite slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOW for 2-2 1/2 hours or on HIGH for 1 1/2 hours. Drain excess water and use as desired.
- Pressure Cooker: Add 1 cup rinsed farro, 3 cups water or broth and 1 teaspoon kosher salt to pressure cooker. Seal and set to HIGH pressure for 12 minutes. Quick release pressure, drain excess water and serve as desired.
- Storage: store farro in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.