Ham and Cheese Sliders – a simple, classic ham and cheese sliders recipe that is perfect for a weeknight dinner or Game Day appetizer!
- 12 small dinner rolls
- 4–6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 4–8 large slices ham
- 4–6 large slices provolone cheese (dairy-free or regular)
- dijon mustard
- sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Without breaking your dinner rolls apart, cut them in half lengthwise.
- Spread a tablespoon or two of butter on the bottom half.
- Then place the ham on top and the cheese on top of the ham.
- Spread as much dijon mustard as you like (I used about 2 tablespoons) over the cheese.
- Place the top of the dinner rolls back on top.
- Melt a tablespoon or two of butter and brush on top of the rolls.
- Cover with foil and place in the oven, middle rack.
- Let warm 15 minutes.
- Remove foil and let it continue warming about 5-7 minutes. Sprinkle with a little sea salt, if desired.
- Serve immediately.
- Dinner Rolls: feel free to use a whole wheat dinner roll or a Hawaiian-style dinner roll. Whatever you prefer.
- Ham: you could use turkey and/or salami as well!
- Cheese: use dairy-free or regular cheese. Provolone worked great, but so would American or even a Pepper Jack.
- Butter: you can use plant-based butter if you prefer.
- Foil: yes, you need to use foil otherwise the tops of your dinner rolls will get a little too crispy.
Keywords: ham and cheese sliders