The foolproof method for the most delicious Thanksgiving Day turkey!
- 18–22 pound turkey, rinse and remove neck and giblets)
- Preheat oven to 375 (or the temp listed on your turkey’s instructions)
- 4 Tablespoons Italian Seasoning
- 1 Tablespoon dry mustard
- 1 Tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 Ground black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon kosher salt
- olive oil
- 3–4 Tablespoons butter or ghee
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 stalks of celery
- 1 onion, quartered
- 1 small orange, quartered
- 5 sage leaves
- 1 bunch of rosemary
- 1 bunch fresh thyme
- Baste Ingredients:
- 2/3 dry white wine (optional – don’t use if you want it to be Whole30 compliant)
- 2/3 cup butter or ghee, melted
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- Place turkey on rack in roaster or make rack with celery and carrots.
- Rub 2 Tablespoons of seasoning inside.
- Stuff cavity with Stuffing ingredients, above.
- Rub enough olive oil over turkey and rub in.
- Take the 3-4 Tablespoons of ghee or butter and rub all over turkey (or under skin, if desired).
- Then take the remaining dry rub and rub all over turkey.
- Loosely tent with foil.
- Bake 3 1/2 – 4 hours, or until thermometer reads 180 degrees in thigh.
- Baste every half hour with pan juice and Baste Ingredients.
- Remove foil for last 30 minutes to brown turkey.