Marinated Cucumbers – a light, crisp and refreshing Marinated Cucumber recipe that is the perfect side dish for any meal!
- 1 English cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup sweet yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon white sesame seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh dill, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, more if desired
- (optional) 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Add cucumber and onion to a medium bowl.
- In a separate small bowl, combine rice vinegar, apple cider vinegar. Stir to combine.
- Pour vinegar mixture over cucumbers. Add sesame seeds, dill, salt and red pepper flakes (if using); toss to combine.
- Let marinate a minimum of 30 minutes or up to 2-3 days in the refrigerator.
- Use in your favorite dishes or eat as-is – we love them in these Soy Ginger Salmon Bowls.
- English Cucumbers: you can use regular cucumbers for this recipe, but for best results use an English Cucumber – they are small, less watery and, therefore, more crisp and delicious.
- Sesame Seeds: for even greater depth of flavor you can toast your sesame seeds for a few minutes in a cast iron skillet!
- Storage: Store your marinated cucumbers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5-7 days.
Keywords: marinated cucumbers