The perfect pork meatball baked in a delicious and sweet soy ginger sauce and served over chow mien noodles.
- 2 lbs ground pork
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 1/2 –2 Tablespoon finely grated ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, diced
- 3 green onions (finely chop the white portion)
- 2 Teaspoons sesame seeds
- 3 Teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground white (or black) pepper
- 1–2 Tablespoons canola or vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup soy sauce + 2 Tablespoons
- 1/2 cup mirin
- 1 Tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 Tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 3/4 cup honey
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Combine Meatball ingredients (listed above) and mix very well
- Form large meatballs (around 1 1/2 -2 Tablespoons).
- Preheat your skillet by placing it in the oven for 8-10 minutes.
- Add your oil to coat the pan and then place your meatballs inside.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- While the meatballs are baking, combine all of the Sauce ingredients.
- After 15-20 minutes, remove the meatballs and pour the sauce over.
- Bake for an additional 25-30 minutes (stirring after 10 minutes) and check the sauce; you want to see it thicken up a little bit and you can decide if you like it the way it is or if you wan to bake it a bit longer to get a thicker sauce. If sauce is too runny, bake for an additional 10 minutes and check again (After stirring the meatballs and ensuring the sauce is coating every single one). And repeat process until you get the desired consistency.
- *Note: if after baking, feel free to keep warm in your crockpot!