Ultimate Shrimp and Chicken Green Curry (Whole30) – the most delicious bowl of curry you will ever taste!
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced (divided)
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 3 boneless chicken breasts, cubed
- (2) 13.5oz cans coconut milk (full fat)
- (2) 4oz jars Thai Kitchen green curry paste
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 Tablespoons ground curry powder
- 2 Teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 large russet potato, cubed
- 3 large carrots, peeled and cut into 2 inch pieces (slice thick pieces in half)
- 1 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 8oz can bamboo shoots, drained
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, roughly chopped
- 1 pound large shrimp
- 1 small yellow onion, quartered
- salt and pepper
- Bring wok to medium heat and add olive oil and two cloves of garlic.
- Stir constantly until garlic becomes fragrant.
- Add chicken and season with salt and pepper.
- Allow chicken to cook fully, stirring as needed.
- Remove chicken and place on plate, set aside.
- Add remaining garlic and stir until it becomes fragrant.
- Add coconut milk, chicken broth, curry paste, curry powder and cumin.
- Stir until well combined.
- Add potato, carrot and bamboo shoots.
- Let simmer 2 minutes.
- Add basil and put the chicken back in.
- Add onion, mushrooms and shrimp.
- Stir and then cover and let simmer for 5-7 minutes.
- Taste and adjust any seasoning (curry powder, salt or pepper) to taste.
- Serve as is or over cauliflower rice (or regular rice if not doing Whole30).
- Chicken Broth: If Whole30/Paleo double check your chicken broth ingredients
- Shrimp: You can either leave the tails on or take them off beforehand. If you leave them on it does add to the flavor a lot, but it can be a pain to take them off later on. Do whatever works best for you!
- Chicken Thighs – you can also sub boneless chicken thighs for the chicken breasts
- Frozen Shrimp: Frozen shrimp works just fine, I would just thaw before use.