Veggie Lo Mein – A quick and easy dinner that is packed with veggies! Perfect for a meatless Monday! (Dairy-Free + Gluten-Free Friendly)
- 1/3 cup soy sauce (or coconut aminos if gluten-free)
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoon siracha
- 1 teaspoon coconut sugar
Veggie Lo Mein:
- 8oz spaghetti (gluten-free or lo mein noodles) – cooked al dente according to package instructions
- 2–3 Tablespoons vegan butter or olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 handful fresh pea pods (approx. 1 cup)
- 1 8oz package fresh mushrooms, sliced (any kind, I used white mushrooms)
- 1 medium carrots, sliced
- 2–3 celery stalks, sliced
- 1/2 red onion, sliced or diced (whatever you prefer)
- 1 bell pepper, sliced (any color)
- 1–2 cups broccoli florets
- Combine: Combine Sauce ingredients in small bowl. Whisk to combine and set aside.
- Boil: Bring large pot to boil and cook pasta, al dente, according to package instructions.
- Heat Skillet: Meanwhile, bring a large cast iron skillet to medium high heat.
- Melt Butter: Add vegan butter and let melt.
- Garlic: Add garlic and allow to cook until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes.
- Other Veggies: Add pea pods, carrots, celery, bell pepper, broccoli and red onion.
- Stir: Stir to mix and allow to cook until vegetables become soft enough to pierce with fork, about 6-7 minutes, moving around periodically.
- Mushrooms: Add mushrooms and stir to combine.
- Cook: Cover and allow vegetables to continue cooking, about 2-3 minutes.
- Drain: Drain pasta and add to pan.
- Pour Sauce: Pour sauce over and stir to combine, allowing sauce to coat noodle and vegetables.
- Serve: Serve immediately.
- Noodle: Use regular spaghetti noodles, traditional lo mein noodles or gluten free noodles!
- Soy Sauce or Coconut Aminos: either work well in the sauce! Use coconut aminos if you are gluten-free!
- Other Veggies: bok choy, water chestnuts or even spinach would also be great additions to this dish!
- Storage Tips: This makes great leftovers! Simply store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. When reheating feel free to add an extra splash or two of soy sauce (or coconut aminos) as the pasta will soak up some of the sauce!
Keywords: Veggie Lo Mein