Naturally sweetened with dates and cocoa powder, this pudding is absolutely perfect for a savory dessert!
- 8 mejool dates, pitted and roughly chopped
- 1 Tablespoon almond butter
- 2 Tablespoons coconut butter
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons almond milk
- 3 Tablespoons cocoa powder, divided
- 2 cups aquafaba (water from 1 can of chickpeas + pinch of cream of tartar)
- In food processor, add chopped dates, almond butter, coconut butter and almond milk.
- Blend until it turns into a thick consistency.
- Add 2 Tablespoons of cocoa powder.
- Blend to mix.
- In medium mixing bowl, add chickpea water and pinch of cream of tartar, and using a hand mixer, mix on med-high or high for 5-6 minutes or until it makes stiff peaks.
- In another medium mixing bowl, pour out date mixture.
- Slowly fold in 2 cups of acquafaba.
- Add entire mixture to blender and add last Tablespoon of cocoa powder.
- Blend for 1 minute.
- Taste and add additional cocoa powder to make it more chocolate-y and more almond milk if you want a thinner consistency.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour, preferably over night, before serving to allow it to firm.