How to Make Almond Milk – A how-to guide on designing the almond milk that is right for you!
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 5 cups filtered water
- pinch of salt
- see blog post for other optional add-ins and modifications
- Place almonds and 5 cups cold water in high-speed blender.
- Blend 3-4 minutes.
- Pour through nut-milk bag or cheesecloth into clean container.
- Pour almond milk back into blender and add pinch of salt and vanilla extract.
- Blend for an additional minute.
- Pour into storage container.
- Keep refrigerated for 3-5 days.
- Soaking Almonds: you CAN soak the almonds in water ahead of time to help soften them, but it isn’t required. I would really only do that if you do not have a high-powered blender.
- Separation: as the almond milk sits it will naturally separate – simply give it a good shake before using!
Keywords: how to make almond milk