Cheesy Baked Red-Wine and Basil Rigatoni is a great family dinner (with hidden veggies) that everyone will enjoy! Perfect for meatless Monday!
- 12 oz rigatoni noodles
- 10oz frozen spinach
- 28oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1 Tablespoon finely chopped garlic (2 large cloves)
- 1/3 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground oregano
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small-medium zucchini, cut into 1/2 inch slices and then quartered
- 8oz ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2–3 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 Teaspoon kosher salt
- Cook rigatoni according to package instruction, but ensure the noodles are cooked al dente or even a little less (they will continue to cook a little in the oven).
- Drain and drizzle with a little olive oil; set aside.
- In large sauce pan or skillet, heat up frozen spinach according to package instructions and then drain as much water as you can.
- Add crushed tomatoes, garlic, basil, oregano, wine, olive oil and zucchini; mix well and bring to a slight simmer.
- Reduce heat and add ricotta cheese and mix.
- Then add 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese and the parmesan cheese; mix,
- In large casserole dish (spray with a non-stick) add pasta and then cover with pasta sauce.
- Slowly and carefully mix together.
- Cover with extra 1 1/2-2 cups of mozzarella cheese and even any additional parmesan cheese you have – depending upon how cheesy you want the top to be.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until it bubbling and cheese is fully melted.