Creamy Citrus Dressing + Grilled Pineapple Salad – A sweet and delicious dressing and summer salad!
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon Califia unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh parsley
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 Tablespoons minced shallots
- pinch of salt
- 4 slices pineapple
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 corn on the cob*
- 1/2 cup pepitas
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2–3 cups fresh mixed greens
- Combine Dressing ingredients in mason jar and combine with immersion blender.
- Heat grill to medium high/high heat (ensure grates are clean).
- Lightly brush pineapple with olive oil.
- Sear pineapple on direct heat (directly over flame) for 2 minutes a side.
- Cook corn on the cob over direct heat for 5 minutes a side.
- Once seared, remove pineapple.
- Once corn is slightly charred, remove and (once cooled) cut off the charred kernels from the cob.
- Take 2 salad bowls and fill with mixed greens.
- Add 2 slices of grilled pineapple and then continue to split the remaining salad ingredients (corn, pepitas, blueberries and avocado) between the two bowls.
- Drizzle with as much dressing as desired.
- Feel free to simply sear your pineapple and corn in a cast iron skillet, if desired. Heat skillet to high heat, at a drizzle of olive oil to the pan and then add pineapple. Sear on both sides. Remove from pan and add a bit more olive oil. Add corn kernels to pan and move around until they start to char.
- Whole30/Paleo: omit the corn to make this Whole30/Paleo compatible.
Keywords: grilled pineapple, creamy citrus dressing