Cashew Butter Recipe – so delicious – you will wonder why you ever ate store-bought!
- 3.5 cups raw cashews
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place cashews on a cookie sheet and roast in oven at 375 for 10 minutes.
- Remove and let cool slightly.
- Pour cashews into food processor.
- Add cinnamon, salt and coconut oil.
- Blend for approximately 8-10 minutes, stopping every couple minutes to scrap down the sides, or until you reach a creamy texture.
- Place in airtight container.
- Storage: Can be stored on counter for 3 days or so; longer than that and I would recommend keep in refrigerator.
- Substitutes: You could sub almonds for cashews, but you will just have run your processor quite a bit longer to get that creamy texture.
- Serving Size: 1/4 cup
- Calories: 251
- Sugar: 2 g
- Sodium: 54.9 mg
- Fat: 20.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 13.3 g
- Protein: 6.1 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: homemade cashew butter, cashew butter