This simple Cashew Butter Recipe is easier than you would think and absolutely delicious! It only takes about 20 minutes and 5 real, simple ingredients. Perfect for spreading on toast or dipping all your favorite fresh vegetables!
Easy, Creamy Cashew Butter
One of our all-time favorite after school snacks is this perfectly creamy cashew butter with some apple slices, baby carrots, and celery sticks. Everyone loves the amazing flavor and creamy texture. We have loved peanut butter for years but this is a really great alternative to mix things up!
Ever used cashews to make your own cashew milk? If not, you should definitely try our easy homemade cashew milk recipe! So easy!
Why You Will Love This Recipe
- Warm and Delicious: You don’t have to eat this warm, but I highly recommend you do! Love eating this with some cut up apples for a delicious snack.
- Roasted: Roasting the cashews makes them softer and easier to blend into cashew butter.
- Make-Ahead: this recipe is perfect to make on the weekend and then use throughout the week!
What You Will Need
- raw cashews – you will want to soften them up a bit by either roasting them in the oven or soaking them in water overnight. We highly recommend roasting for the added toasted flavor.
- ground cinnamon – added for some great flavor!
- coconut oil – perfect for getting a nice, creamy texture.
- kosher salt – just a bit for some added seasoning that goes well with any nut.
- vanilla extract – a dash for some added flavor.
Do I Have To Roast The Cashews
Nope! Roasting them in the oven just accentuates their flavor and makes the cashews a bit softer and even easier to process!
Cashews v. Almonds
I used cashews instead of almonds mainly because I wanted the resulting butter to be as creamy as possible and, since it was my first time making it on my own, I thought it would be a little easier to break down into a butter. But you can use almonds if you want, it just might take longer to process.
How To Make Cashew Butter
First, you will want to begin by placing your raw cashews on a baking sheet and roast them on the middle rack of the oven at 375 degrees F for 10 minutes. Let them cool slightly and then place them in a food processor with the rest of the ingredients.
Blend on high for about 8-10 minutes. Make sure you occasionally scrap down the sides as you blend it.
Pro tip: if you prefer a super creamy texture, you can add more coconut oil (a teaspoon at a time) and continue to blend until you reach maximum smoothness.
Continue to blend until it reaches a smooth texture.
Serve immediately or store for later.
Ways To Use Homemade Cashew Butter
The options are endless! We love enjoying it on toast, on oatmeal, on muffins, or for dipping all of our favorite fresh vegetables. And, of course, with a plate of fresh apple slices! Even our kids love it!
How To Store Cashew Butter
This easy cashew butter can be stored on the counter for 3 days or so. If you want to keep it for longer, move it to an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!
Cashew Butter Recipe – so delicious – you will wonder why you ever ate store-bought!
- 3.5 cups raw cashews
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place cashews on a cookie sheet and roast in oven at 375 for 10 minutes.
- Remove and let cool slightly.
- Pour cashews into food processor.
- Add cinnamon, salt and coconut oil.
- Blend for approximately 8-10 minutes, stopping every couple minutes to scrap down the sides, or until you reach a creamy texture.
- Place in airtight container.
- Storage: Can be stored on counter for 3 days or so; longer than that and I would recommend keep in refrigerator.
- Substitutes: You could sub almonds for cashews, but you will just have run your processor quite a bit longer to get that creamy texture.
- Serving Size: 1/4 cup
- Calories: 251
- Sugar: 2 g
- Sodium: 54.9 mg
- Fat: 20.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 13.3 g
- Protein: 6.1 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: homemade cashew butter, cashew butter