Vegan Pesto (Dairy-Free) – a quick, easy and delicious option that is diary-free and whole30 compliant!
- 1.5 – 2 cups packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon nutritional yeast
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Combine basil, pine nuts, garlic, lemon juice and kosher salt into small food processor.
- Start food processor and slowly add olive oil.
- Once olive oil is completely incorporated, stop food processor and taste pesto.
- Add additional salt, olive oil or pine nuts as desired.
- Garlic: This recipe is a little on the heavier side with the garlic 🙂 Feel free to add just one clove of garlic (especially if it is big) and then taste – add the second one if you want to!
- Nutritional Yeast: nutritional yeast provides a little bit of that “cheesy” flavor without adding cheese 🙂 The recipe is fine without it, but it takes it to the next level!
- Taste and Adjust: Always taste and adjust flavor or texture accordingly! If you want it thinner – add more olive oil. If you need more salt, add it a pinch at a time. If you need more acid, add an additional squeeze of lemon juice!
- Storage: Freeze up to 3-4 month. Store in refrigerator 5-7 days, in airtight container.
Keywords: dairy free pesto, vegan pesto, whole30 pesto, paleo pesto