Easy Overnight French Toast Casserole – The perfect thing to wake up to on Christmas morning!
- 1 extra large loaf of French bread (should be about 2ft long – approximately)
- 8–10 eggs (the larger the loaf, the more eggs needed)
- 1 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup real maple syrup
- 1/4 cup ghee, melted (or butter or vegan butter)
- 8 oz cream cheese (or dairy free cream cheese)
- 1 pint blackberries (or raspberries)
- Spray 9×13 pan with olive oil or ghee.
- Tear up bread into large chunks, placing them in the pan and spreading them out evenly, they should fill up the entire casserole dish.
- In medium bowl, whisk together eggs and then add almond milk and maple syrup.
- Pour mixture over bread chunks.
- Let sit overnight, covered and placed in the refrigerator.
- Before serving, preheat oven to 375.
- Evenly distribute blackberries and cream cheese on top.
- Pour melted ghee over the top.
- Bake at 375 for 30 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serve warm with real maple syrup.
- You can still make this without letting it sit overnight, but the longer you let it sit (up to 12 hours) the better it will turn out. That being said, I have made this multiple times with only letting it sit 30-60 minutes and it will still turn out.
Keywords: overnight French toast casserole