Dairy Free Blackberry French Toast Bake – exactly what I will be waking up to on Christmas morning!
It’s almost Christmas, you guys!!! So close! I know we are all thinking about and planning what we will be eating come Christmas morning (because it is all about the food – duh) – this Dairy Free Blackberry French Toast Bake is a must-make!
We have so many Christmas traditions in our family and I love each and every one of them, but today I am sharing with you a very special Christmas morning tradition that we have with my Dad and my Step-Mom – this is the recipe for the French toast bake we have every Christmas morning with them! My Step-Mom makes it and we eat it right after we open stockings, but before we open presents ?. It is ridiculously easy to make, always turns out and is perfectly indulgent.
It is the magic combo of the French toast, blackberries (sub raspberries, which is how we typically have it) and cream cheese (feel free to use real cream cheese!) – if you get a bite with all of those in it PLUS some real maple syrup – it is just so amazing.
Maybe serve with some Extra Creamy Dairy Free Hot Chocolate?
Here’s the before:
And the after…..
It has been just a crazy week here, so that is all I got for ya – time for bed! Hope you guys have a good weekend!
The perfect thing to wake up to on Christmas morning!
- 1 large loaf of French bread
- 8–10 eggs (the larger the loaf, the more eggs needed)
- 1 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup real maple syrup
- 1/4 cup ghee, melted
- 8 oz dairy free cream cheese (I used Tofutti)
- 1 pint blackberry
- Spray 9×13 pan with olive oil or ghee.
- Tear up bread into chunks, placing them in the pan and spreading them out evenly.
- In medium bowl, whisk together eggs and then add almond milk and maple syrup.
- Pour mixture over bread chunks.
- Evenly distribute blackberries and cream cheese.
- Pour melted ghee over the top.
- Preferably let sit overnight, covered and placed in the refrigerator. Otherwise, let sit for at least 30 minutes.
- Bake at 375 for 30 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serve warm with real maple syrup.