Easy Sweet Potato Curry – a simple and delicious recipe that makes the BEST leftovers! Perfect for a quick weeknight dinner!
- 2–3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1/2 sweet yellow onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, diced
- 2 cans coconut milk, full-fat
- 2 jars, 4oz red curry paste
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 russet potato, cubed
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, roughly chopped
- Optional toppings: chopped cashews, chopped fresh cilantro, and lime wedges
- Drizzle olive oil in large Dutch Oven.
- Bring to medium heat and add garlic and onions. Let cook until onions reduce, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add ginger, turmeric, salt, pepper and sweet potatoes. Let it cook for about 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add coconut milk, curry paste and almond milk. Stir to combine.
- Bring to a simmer and then add russet potato, green bell pepper, red bell pepper, lime juice and basil.
- Continue simmering approximately 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are cooked, but still fairly firm.
- Taste and add additional salt, ginger, lime juice, or basil as desired.
- Serve as-is or with rice.
- Coconut Milk: we recommend recombining your coconut milk with an immersion blender before adding it to the pot if it has separated in the can.
- Storage: Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Serving Size: 6 oz
- Calories: 228
- Sugar: 3.9 g
- Sodium: 133.3 mg
- Fat: 16.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 19.6 g
- Protein: 3.1 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: sweet potato curry