Easy Sweet Potato Curry – a simple and delicious recipe that makes the BEST leftovers!
- 2–3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1/2 sweet yellow onion
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, diced
- 2 cans coconut milk, full fat
- 2 jars 4oz red curry paste
- 1/2 cup Califia Farms Oat Milk (Unsweetened Almondmilk)
- 1 russet potato, cubed
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, roughly chopped
- Toppings (optional): chopped cashews, chopped fresh cilantro and lime wedges
- Drizzle olive oil in large Dutch Oven.
- Bring to medium heat and add garlic and onions. Let cook until onions reduce, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add ginger, turmeric, salt, pepper and sweet potatoes. Let cook, stirring occasionally, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add coconut milk, curry paste and oat milk. Stir to combine.
- Bring to a simmer and then add russet potato, green bell pepper, red bell pepper, lime juice and basil.
- Continue simmering approximately 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are cooked, but still fairly firm.
- Taste and add addition salt, ginger, lime juice, or basil as desired.
- Serve as is or with rice.
- Coconut Milk: I recommend recombining your coconut milk with an immersion blender before adding into the pot if it has separated in the can.
- Storage: Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Whole30: To make Whole30 simply use Califia Unsweetened Almondmilk instead of the Oat Milk
Keywords: sweet potato curry