Easy Sweet Potato Curry – a creamy and delicious plant-based option that comes together quickly and makes the most amazing leftovers! (Whole30-Friendly, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free)
This post is sponsored by Califia Farms, but the opinions are my own.
Just in time for soup season!
Get those Dutch Ovens out! The weather is turning a bit cooler and we are SO ready for all things soup! Starting out with this Sweet Potato Chili made extra creamy and delicious with the help of Califia Farms Oat Milk. I love that it is made without gums or stabilizers (aka no weird stuff) and BONUS it is made from gluten-free oats. It pairs perfectly with this plant-based curry!
Why You Will Love This Recipe
- Flavorful: This dish is not lacking in the flavor department. With the curry, lime juice, fresh basil and potato – there is just so much flavor packed into each bite.
- Quick: This really comes together quit fast with just 30 minutes of cook time!
- Leftovers: It is one of those dishes that almost gets better with time – so leftovers are encouraged. Plus, it makes a healthy amount, so get ready for the most amazing work-lunches!
- Plant-Based: You won’t even miss the meat here – this curry is so hearty and filling!
How to Store It
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Perfect for meal prepping for the week.
What to Serve With It
- Whole30: If you are making this Whole30 (just sub Califia Farms Almondmilk for the Oat Milk) then you can eat it as is (its so good!).
- Rice: If you aren’t concerned with Whole30, feel free to serve with some jasmine rice (find out my favorite/quick way to cook it here!).
What You Will Need
- Olive Oil
- Fresh Ginger
- Ground Turmeric
- Salt and Pepper
- Sweet Potatoes
- Full Fat Canned Coconut Milk
- Red Curry Paste
- Califia Farms Oat Milk (sub Caliifa Farms Unsweetened Almondmilk if Whole30)
- Russet Potato
- Green and Red Bell Pepper
- Fresh Lime Juice
- Fresh Basil
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE:
- Ultimate Shrimp and Chicken Curry
- White Chicken Chili
- Dairy-Free Broccoli Cheese Soup
- Curried Cauliflower Soup
Easy Sweet Potato Curry – a simple and delicious recipe that makes the BEST leftovers!
- 2–3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1/2 sweet yellow onion
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, diced
- 2 cans coconut milk, full fat
- 2 jars 4oz red curry paste
- 1/2 cup Califia Farms Oat Milk (Unsweetened Almondmilk)
- 1 russet potato, cubed
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, roughly chopped
- Toppings (optional): chopped cashews, chopped fresh cilantro and lime wedges
- Drizzle olive oil in large Dutch Oven.
- Bring to medium heat and add garlic and onions. Let cook until onions reduce, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add ginger, turmeric, salt, pepper and sweet potatoes. Let cook, stirring occasionally, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add coconut milk, curry paste and oat milk. Stir to combine.
- Bring to a simmer and then add russet potato, green bell pepper, red bell pepper, lime juice and basil.
- Continue simmering approximately 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are cooked, but still fairly firm.
- Taste and add addition salt, ginger, lime juice, or basil as desired.
- Serve as is or with rice.
- Coconut Milk: I recommend recombining your coconut milk with an immersion blender before adding into the pot if it has separated in the can.
- Storage: Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Whole30: To make Whole30 simply use Califia Unsweetened Almondmilk instead of the Oat Milk
Keywords: sweet potato curry