- 3-4 Tablespoons ghee (vegan butter or coconut oil work too depending on your dietary goals)
- 2 Tablespoons garlic
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 pint baby Bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 jar Thai Kitchen red curry paste
- 1 can full fat coconut milk, blend
- 1/2 cup Califia unsweetened almond milk
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2-3 small/medium sized zucchinis, spiralized
- Toppings: avocado, fresh lime and cilantro.
- In large saucepan melt vegan butter/oil/gheel.
- Add garlic and cook on medium-high heat until garlic becomes fragrant, about 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add onion and mushrooms.
- Continue stirring as the onion, ginger and mushrooms cook down, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add curry paste and stir to combine.
- Add coconut milk, almond milk and vegetable broth.
- Stir and let simmer approx. 20 minutes.
- Place your zoodles in a bowl and pour hot soup on top.
- Let sit about 3 minutes or so and the zucchini noodles will cook just a bit.
- Serve with fresh avocado, a squeeze of lime juice and some fresh cilantro.
Of course if you want to add in a protein (tofu, chicken, seafood), feel free! Make the recipe your own!