The BEST Fried Zucchini recipe!!!!
- 1–2 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour (or cassava flour, gluten-free flour)
- 1 Teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 Teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 Teaspoon celery salt
- 6 Tablespoons olive oil (more as needed)
- Slice: Slice zucchini as thin as possible and place on plate next to stove.
- Water: If zucchini sits for a few minutes, sprinkle some water on top of the slices so they remain moist and the flour mixture will stick to it.
- Combine: Take medium mixing bowl and combine flour and seasoning – set next to stove as well.
- Heat: Take fry pan and add 2 Tablespoon of olive oil; bring to med-high heat – it is ready when you can flick water on it and it sizzles.
- Coat: Make sure zucchini is still moist and then take a handful of slices and drop into flour mixture.
- Mix: Mix around and ensure zucchini is coated on all sides.
- Fry: Then take zucchini and place in fry pan, trying to evenly distribute (you will have to do several batches).
- Cook: Reduce heat to medium and cook zucchini for 3-4 minutes;
- Flip: Flip and let cook another 3-4 minutes.
- Brown: Then continually flip zucchini until all sides are sufficiently browned.
- Remove: Remove and cover;
- Repeat: Add another Tablespoon of olive oil to pan and repeat process.
- Serve: Serve immediately.
- Batches: You will need to do several batches – the key is to not crowd the pan so that each individual piece of zucchini has a chance to get that nice char!
- Serve Immediately: Best served right away, they may get soggy if stored very long!
- Substitutions: You can sub the flour for finely ground almond flour or gluten-free flour.
- Paleo/Whole30: For Paleo/Whole30 use cassava flour
Keywords: fried zucchini, fried zucchini recipe