Grilled Yellow Squash – an easy step-by-step tutorial on how to make grilled yellow squash! A delicious and easy side dish!
- 1–2 yellow squash
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt
- ground black pepper
- Preheat grill heat to 450 degrees F.
- Cut the ends off the squash and slice it lengthwise in 1/2 inch slices.
- Place on large plate or baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, and use hands to massage it in.
- Lightly sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Grill on direct, medium-high heat for approximately 2 minutes per side.
- Remove from grill with tongs and serve immediately.
- Aim for under-cooking: It is recommended to err on the side of under-cooking the squash as opposed to over-cooking! No one likes mushy squash!
- Storage: place leftovers in an airtight container and store in refrigerator for 2-3 days.
Keywords: grilled yellow squash, how to grill yellow squash