Grilled Yellow Squash – an easy step-by-step tutorial on how to make grilled yellow squash! A delicious and easy side dish!!
- 1–2 yellow squash
- olive oil
- kosher salt
- ground black pepper
- Heat grill to 450 degrees F.
- Cut off ends of squash and slice it lengthwise in 1/2 inch slices.
- Place on large plate or baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil.
- Use hands to massage olive oil over every piece of squash.
- Lightly sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Grill on direct heat (directly over flame) for approximately 2 minutes per side.
- Remove from grill with tongs and serve immediately.
- Aim for under-cooking: It is recommended to err on the side of under-cooking the squash as opposed to over-cooking! No one likes mushy squash!
- Storage: To store, place in airtight container and store in refrigerator for 2-3 days.
Keywords: grilled yellow squash, how to grill yellow squash