Healthy Baked Egg Cups – perfect for meal-prep and so easy to make! Dairy-free + Whole30 + Paleo!
- 5 eggs
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup ground pork sausage
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup fresh spinach, ripped into small pieces
- Approximately 1/4 of a large red bell pepper, diced
- Preheat oven to 350
- Spray muffin tin with olive oil and set aside
- In medium bowl whisk tougher eggs, unsweetened almond milk, salt and pepper.
- Cook pork sausage over medium heat.*
- Take muffin tin and add a tablespoon or so of cooked pork. a tablespoon of ripped spinach and a tablespoon of diced bell pepper to each muffin tin.
- Pour the egg mixture over top, filing so there is a little room at the top (it will expand and rise as it is cooking – but then will deflate once it cools).
- Place in the oven and cook for 17 minutes.
- Remove from oven, if the very top isn’t fully cooked, return to oven for 2-3 minute increments until fully cooked.
- I have been able to find Whole30 compliant seasoned pork sausage, which is what I used for this recipe. If you can only find simple ground pork, season it as it is cooking with a pinch salt, pepper and a little bit of fennel.
- Feel free to use a different color of bell pepper – whatever you happen to have in your fridge will work.
- VARIATIONS: you can really use the base of this recipe and modify in a variety of different ways! You can substitute cooked bacon for the sausage, kale of the spinach and mushrooms for the bell peppers!
Keywords: baked egg cups, egg muffin cups, egg cups recipe