Healthy Baked Egg Cups – perfect for meal-prep and so easy to make! Dairy-free + Whole30 + Paleo!
- 5 eggs
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup ground pork sausage (see notes)
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup fresh spinach, ripped into small pieces
- Approximately 1/4 of a large red bell pepper, diced
- Preheat oven to 350
- Spray muffin tin with olive oil and set aside
- In medium bowl whisk together eggs, unsweetened almond milk, salt and pepper.
- Cook pork sausage over medium heat.
- Take muffin tin and add a tablespoon or so of cooked pork. a tablespoon of ripped spinach and a tablespoon of diced bell pepper to each muffin tin.
- Pour the egg mixture over top, filing so there is a little room at the top (it will expand and rise as it is cooking – but then will deflate once it cools).
- Place in the oven and cook for 17 minutes.
- Remove from oven, if the very top isn’t fully cooked, return to oven for 2-3 minute increments until fully cooked.
- Pork Sausage: I use seasoned (Whole30 compliant) pork sausage for this recipe. If you can only find simple ground pork, season it as it is cooking with a pinch salt, pepper and a little bit of fennel.
- Bell Pepper: Feel free to use a different color of bell pepper – whatever you happen to have in your fridge will work.
- Variations: you can really use the base of this recipe and modify in a variety of different ways! You can substitute cooked bacon for the sausage, kale of the spinach and mushrooms for the bell peppers!
- Egg Cups: Feel free to use silicone muffin tin liners if you want. It shouldn’t change the cook time, but again if the tops aren’t quite cooked after the stated cook time, continue cooking in 2-3 minute increments. The eggs will continue to cook a bit after they come out of the oven.
Keywords: baked egg cups, egg muffin cups, egg cups recipe