A filling and delicious breakfast casserole that is dairy-free3 and Whole30! Perfect for meal prep or for a crowd!
- 1 Tablespoon olive or avocado oil
- 1 Teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 sweet yellow onion, diced
- 3 bell peppers, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 pint mushrooms, sliced (optional)
- 1.5 lbs thick-cut bacon, cooked and cut into bite-sized pieces
- salt and pepper
- 1 20oz bag hash browns
- 10 eggs
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 3 Tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 Teaspoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 375 and spray a deep 7×11 casserole pan with olive oil, set aside.
- In large skillet add oil to coat the pan and bring to medium-high heat.
- Add garlic and let cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add onion and bell peppers, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Move around pan for 1-2 minutes, allowing to cook slightly.
- Add mushrooms, if using, and allow to cook 1-2 minutes as well.
- Remove from heat and pour into casserole dish.
- Add has browns to casserole dish along with chopped bacon and then sprinkle with salt and pepper; stir to mix.
- Crack eggs into medium mixing bowl and whisk.
- Take large, wide-mouthed mason jar and add almond milk, coconut cream, dijon mustard, nutritional yeast and lemon juice – along with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Use an immersion blender to fully combine ingredients. Pour into same bowl as eggs and whisk again to combine.
- Pour egg mixture over hashbrown mixture in casserole dish. Stir to combine.
- Sprinkle a little salt and pepper over top.
- Bake for 45 minutes. You should be able to insert a knife and have it come out clean when it is done. If it isn’t done after 45 minutes return to oven for 5 minute increments until fully cooked.
- Remove and allow to sit for 10-15 minutes.
- Serve with avocado or salsa, if desired.
- Feel free to sub ground sausage instead of bacon – use approximately the same amount and just cook beforehand. You could also use bacon AND sausage if you wanted to get real crazy 🙂
- I like to cook my bacon in the oven on parchment at 375 for about 15-20 minutes (depending upon thickness), flipping halfway. I would prep my veggies, eggs, etc. while the bacon is cooking.
- This is perfect to make ahead for breakfast for the week OR for a big crowd of people! So filling and delicious!
- Feel free to really use any veggies you want!
Keywords: whole30 breakfast casserole, healthy breakfast casserole