Healthy Breakfast Casserole is a delicious and filling breakfast casserole, packed with veggies, that is dairy-free, gluten-free and Whole30!
Healthy Whole30 Breakfast Casserole
This is the mother of all Whole30 casseroles, you guys! And I am super pumped because I made it dairy free!! I feel like it can be hard to find a good, solid dairy-free breakfast bake so I am so happy to bring one to you guys! AND it is packed with veggies (feel free to add ever more if you like!) and just so happens to be Whole30 Compliant!
What You Will Need
- olive or avocado oil: we just use this to saute the garlic and onion.
- garlic + sweet yellow onion: these add a great base flavor to the recipe.
- bell peppers: feel free to add in some other veggies if you want as well!
- mushrooms: these are totally optional – so omit if they aren’t your thing.
- bacon: we love cooking our bacon on the oven like this – just double check your ingredients!
- salt and pepper: because you gotta season it 🙂
- hash browns: I usually use Mr. Dell’s potato hashbrowns – super simple ingredients.
- unsweetened almond milk + coconut cream: this is the base for the “cream” we add!
- dijon mustard + lemon juice: these add a bit of acidity.
- nutritional yeast: this adds that cheesy flavor without adding any cheese!
How long does it keep in the refrigerator
This is perfect to make ahead for breakfast for the week (feel free to half it if you want!) or it great for a crowd (think brunches, baby showers, etc.). But, if you have leftovers, store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 5 days! So if you make it on Sunday you will breakfast for the whole week!
How to Make Whole30 Breakfast Casserole
Add your bacon, onions and peppers to your prepared baking pan.
Add in your hashbrowns.
Pour in the cream mixture; stir to combine. Bake per recipe card instructions.
Serve and enjoy!
Other recipes you might like:
Don’t forget to check out my Instagram account – Or give me a follow on Facebook or see what I am pinning on Pinterest!
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!Print
Ultimate Whole30 Breakfast Casserole
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Yield: 12 servings 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
A filling and delicious breakfast casserole that is dairy-free3 and Whole30! Perfect for meal prep or for a crowd!
- 1 tablespoon olive or avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 sweet yellow onion, diced
- 3 bell peppers, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 pint mushrooms, sliced (optional)
- 1.5 lbs thick-cut bacon, cooked and cut into bite-sized pieces
- salt and pepper
- 1 20oz bag hash browns
- 10 eggs
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 3 Tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 Teaspoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 375 and spray a deep 7×11 casserole pan with olive oil, set aside.
- In large skillet add oil to coat the pan and bring to medium-high heat.
- Add garlic and let cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add onion and bell peppers, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Move around pan for 1-2 minutes, allowing to cook slightly.
- Add mushrooms, if using, and allow to cook 1-2 minutes as well.
- Remove from heat and pour into casserole dish.
- Add has browns to casserole dish along with chopped bacon and then sprinkle with salt and pepper; stir to mix.
- Crack eggs into medium mixing bowl and whisk.
- Take large, wide-mouthed mason jar and add almond milk, coconut cream, dijon mustard, nutritional yeast and lemon juice – along with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Use an immersion blender to fully combine ingredients. Pour into same bowl as eggs and whisk again to combine.
- Pour egg mixture over hashbrown mixture in casserole dish. Stir to combine.
- Sprinkle a little salt and pepper over top.
- Bake for 45 minutes. You should be able to insert a knife and have it come out clean when it is done. If it isn’t done after 45 minutes return to oven for 5 minute increments until fully cooked.
- Remove and allow to sit for 10-15 minutes.
- Serve with avocado or salsa, if desired.
- Feel free to sub ground sausage instead of bacon – use approximately the same amount and just cook beforehand. You could also use bacon AND sausage if you wanted to get real crazy 🙂
- I like to cook my bacon in the oven on parchment at 375 for about 15-20 minutes (depending upon thickness), flipping halfway. I would prep my veggies, eggs, etc. while the bacon is cooking.
- This is perfect to make ahead for breakfast for the week OR for a big crowd of people! So filling and delicious!
- Feel free to really use any veggies you want!
- Hashbrowns: I love using the Mr. Dell’s Hashbrowns.
Keywords: whole30 breakfast casserole, healthy breakfast casserole
Is there a substitute you would use for Dijon mustard? I can’t use it while on Whole 30 as it contains both wine and sugar.
Hi Nicole – I would recommend using a Whole30 compatible dijon mustard like Primal Kitchen offers! Otherwise you can just omit.
Erin H says
PERFECT for breakfast meal prepping! Absolutely delicious, one of our favorites for breakfast prep!
I had to cook for 1 hour for it to be firm. This had a little too much hash browns for me. Next time I would cut in half which means maybe less liquid. Overall
It was good and I will try it again.
Thank you for the feedback, Angela! Glad you enjoyed it!
Can we had the hash browns in frozen or should we cook before hand if buying frozen?
Hi Amanda! I would just let the hash browns thaw before using – no need to cook beforehand!
Day 4 of W30. Made this or breakfast and it’s fabulous. I will say lots of prep and dirty dishes but worth it! Hubby and I had for breakfast and then packaged the rest into 5 breakfasts for both of us for the week. I did turkey sausage and shredded my own potatoes (preference). Definitely worth making. Thanks you!
Thank you so much, Patty for the feedback! So glad you enjoyed it!!
This was incredible!
Thank you!! So glad you enjoyed it!!!
Thank you! I just wanted to be sure! Can’t wait to try it!
What do you do with the coconut cream? It’s not in the instructions. 😉
Ah Jen thanks for the catch!! You put it in the mason jar with the eggs, almond milk, etc.! I updated the recipe card – so sorry about that!!! 🙂