An easy vegetarian salad that is perfect for lunch or dinner!
- 1–2 cups of your choice of greens (I used a spring mix)
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 cup small Brussel sprouts (remove 2–3 of the outer layers, halve)
- 1 Tablespoon olive or avocado oil
- 1 Teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 avocado
- 1 cup pea pods
- 2 1/2 inch thick fresh lemon slices (optional)
- 1 egg (unless you want the vegan version)
- 1/2 Tablespoon turmeric
- Tahini Dressing Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1/4 + 1/8 cup warm water
- 1 Teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 Teaspoon salt
- sprinkle of ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Toss broccoli and brussel sprouts in oil and salt.
- Place on foil-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, tossing halfway.
- If they are not quite crispy enough for you, feel free to broil them for 4-6 minutes.
- For lemons, simple take a grill pan and bring to medium heat.
- Add a drizzle of olive oil and then carefully place the lemons down, letting them sizzle for a few minutes.
- Flip and repeat.
- Combine Tahini Dressing Ingredients and whisk.
- In large salad bowl, place greens, avocado, broccoli, Brussel sprouts and pea pods.
- For the turmeric poached egg, simply poach an egg like normal, but add the turmeric right before you put the egg in (see link in bod of post for tutorial on how to poach an egg)
- Drizzle with tahini dressing.
- Garnish with grilled lemons.