Healthy Spring Green Salad + Turmeric Poached Egg – an easy vegetarian salad that is perfect for lunch or dinner!
This salad you guys. It is my perfect spring salad. It still has a hint of fall/winter with the brussel sprouts, but also has more summery ingredients like avocado, pea pods and that beautiful, bright grilled lemon. It is oh-so-healthy ….. you (and your body) are going to LOVE it!
And did you catch that turmeric poached egg?! I mean, how could you miss it! It’s kind of a showstopper, right! It adds just the right amount of pop in an otherwise completely green salad. And, by the way, we need more poached eggs on salads. I’m just saying.
It is so amazing to have had a couple beautiful days here in Minnesota – those winter days get loooooong. As in so long that my body essentially rejected being outside all day Saturday and I had a horrible allergy attack Sunday morning. I thought I was sick since I wasn’t sneezing or coughing – I just couldn’t keep my eyes open and slept most of the morning. Finally, the lightbulb went off and I realized it was allergies. So yeah. I have been stuck inside so long that my body is just saying “no, we are not going outside.” Awesome. Welcome to Minnesota.
Thankfully, there is such a thing as allergy medicine – the haze was lifted and I am back to feeling like my old self and so ready for the weekend to be here already (yes, I realize it is only Tuesday). The weather looks amazing again and (armed with my allergy meds) I am pumped to spend extended periods of time out in the fresh air and sunshine with my girls!
I am also excited to make and devour this healthy, healthy salad again. It is just a beautiful mix of roasted veggies, raw veggies, avocado and that beautiful yellow turmeric poached egg. Drizzle with homemade tahini dressing and you will be feeling fan-freakin-tastic.
I don’t know what it is lately, but I am just gravitating towards healthier and healthier foods. I don’t know why, but I am all about salads, smoothies, lean meats, eggs….. So watch out – we are apparently on a healthy kick. And you are along for the ride. A health kick with purposefully placed desserts because…. well you have to have balance – right?
Oh and if you are wondering how to make a turmeric poached egg – simply make a regular poached egg, but add the turmeric powder into your poaching water right as it start to bubble, mix slowly and then add your egg per the instructions here. Easy!
Just a beautiful salad…. but it needs a little somethin more… (unless you are vegan and then it is PERFECT!)
And pop it.
Remember, if you need a refresher on how to poach an egg – check out our tutorial!
Don’t forget to check out my Instagram account for some behind-the-scenes action (I am usually embarassing myself in the stories…) yay….. Or give me a follow on Facebook or see what I am pinning on Pinterest!
An easy vegetarian salad that is perfect for lunch or dinner!
- 1–2 cups of your choice of greens (I used a spring mix)
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 cup small Brussel sprouts (remove 2–3 of the outer layers, halve)
- 1 Tablespoon olive or avocado oil
- 1 Teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 avocado
- 1 cup pea pods
- 2 1/2 inch thick fresh lemon slices (optional)
- 1 egg (unless you want the vegan version)
- 1/2 Tablespoon turmeric
- Tahini Dressing Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1/4 + 1/8 cup warm water
- 1 Teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 Teaspoon salt
- sprinkle of ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Toss broccoli and brussel sprouts in oil and salt.
- Place on foil-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, tossing halfway.
- If they are not quite crispy enough for you, feel free to broil them for 4-6 minutes.
- For lemons, simple take a grill pan and bring to medium heat.
- Add a drizzle of olive oil and then carefully place the lemons down, letting them sizzle for a few minutes.
- Flip and repeat.
- Combine Tahini Dressing Ingredients and whisk.
- In large salad bowl, place greens, avocado, broccoli, Brussel sprouts and pea pods.
- For the turmeric poached egg, simply poach an egg like normal, but add the turmeric right before you put the egg in (see link in bod of post for tutorial on how to poach an egg)
- Drizzle with tahini dressing.
- Garnish with grilled lemons.
Thank you so much for reading & supporting The Wooden Skillet! This post contains affiliate links for products I actually use in my own home and personally recommend. Should you make a purchase using one of these links, The Wooden Skillet will earn a small commission at no extra cost to you, which helps me continue to bring you great original content. Thank you!