How to Make Breadcrumbs – an easy, simple recipe for making breadcrumbs at home! 2 different ways to make them and lots of add-in seasonings!
- 4–5 cups cubed bread*
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F.
- Spread out bread cubes on baking sheet.
- Place in oven, middle rack and uncovered.
- Let cook 30-45 minutes, flipping halfway.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Option 1: place in large ziploc or reusable storage bag. Use a rolling pin to crush dried bread inside bag.
- Option 2: in small batches, place dried bread in food processor and pulse until the bread breaks down into crumbs.
- Use in your favorite recipes.
- *Bread cubes do not need to be uniform and don’t have to be very small!
- Storage: Place cooled breadcrumbs in an airtight container and store in a cupboard for up to two weeks, a month or two in the fridge, or six months in the freezer.
- Gluten-Free: you can easily use gluten-free bread and make gluten-free breadcrumbs!
- Add-ins: you can add in Italian seasoning, garlic salt or powder, onion powder, etc. to your breadcrumbs if you want.
Keywords: how to make breadcrumbs