Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes – these instant pot mashed potatoes are seriously the EASIEST way to make mashed potatoes! So soft and creamy!
- 8 russet potatoes, quartered
- 3 tablespoons of ghee
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Peel potatoes. Cut each potato into about 4-6 chunks.
- Add potato chunks to your Instant Pot and then add enough water to just barely cover them.
- Place the cover on the Instant Pot and set to Seal.
- Cook on HIGH pressure for 9 minutes.
- Manually release pressure immediately (according to manufacturer’s instructions).
- Drain the potatoes and return to Instant Pot.
- Add ghee (or butter), coconut milk and salt.
- Use a hand mixer to mix/whip.
- Taste and add additional salt, as desired.
- Peeling Potatoes: Peeling the potatoes are optional, but it will turn out creamier if you do peel them.
- Coconut Milk: You could also sub in almond milk here, but coconut milk makes them a little extra creamy. I prefer this carton of coconut milk.
- Ghee: To keep this recipe Whole30/Paleo use ghee, but you can easily sub butter if you prefer.
- Hand Mixer: You could also just use a potato masher here, but I prefer to whip them with a hand mixer. Use whatever you prefer.
- Storage: Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5-6 days.
- Cook Time: The 9 minute cook time does not include the few minutes it will take for the Instant Pot to come up to pressure.
- Consistency: If you prefer a thinner consistency simply add additional coconut milk a little at a time.
- Reheating: These reheat incredibly well in the microwave!
Keywords: instant pot mashed potatoes