Instant Pot Rib Recipe (Whole30 + Paleo) – the EASIEST way to make ribs EVER! Fall-off-the-bone ribs ready in a fraction of the time!
- Combine all of your dry rub ingredients in a small bowl.
- Cut your ribs in half and if the ribs have a membrane, remove it.
- Place the ribs on a cookie sheet.
- Pour a little liquid smoke, one half section of ribs at a time, and rub all over to thinly coat.
- Repeat with the mustard (use enough to leave a good coating on the ribs).
- Take your dry rub and rub all over each section.
- Add the broth and apple cider vinegar to the Instant Pot.
- Place your trivet inside.
- Set ribs on top of the trivet so the ribs are vertical.
- Close Instant Pot and ensure it is set to Sealing.
- Cook on High Pressure for 24 minutes (add 2-3 minutes if your ribs are bigger than normal).
- Let Instant Pot naturally release for 5 minutes and then manually release according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Remove ribs from Instant Pot and place on a cookie sheet, meat side up.
- Brush with your favorite BBQ sauce to coat.
- Place on a 300 degree grill for 3 minutes a side or under your broiler (set to High) for 2-3 minutes per side.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
- You can actually use spare ribs if you want; they aren’t as good (in my opinion), but they definitely still work. Spare ribs tend to be bigger than baby back ribs, so I would suggest increasing your cooking time by 3 minutes.
- You can also finish off in the oven – once ribs come out of the Instant Pot simply place them on a cookie sheet, brush with your favorite BBQ sauce and then broil on high for 4-5 minutes – or until sauce as started to just barely caramelize.
- You can cook ribs from frozen, just ensure they are fully prepped beforehand (rub with liquid smoke, mustard and dry rub + cut into half racks) and then cook for an additional 10 minutes.
Keywords: instant pot rib recipe