Instant Pot Wild Rice – a simple and easy side dish recipe to make wild rice in the Instant Pot. And the cooking time is SO much shorter!
- 1 1/2 cup chicken broth (or water)
- 1 cup wild rice
- pinch of kosher salt
- Rinse rice under cold water.
- Add rinsed rice, broth (or water) and pinch of salt to Instant Pot (you do not need to use the trivet).
- Stir to combine.
- Close Instant Pot and make sure it is set to Seal.
- Pressure cook on HIGH for 25 minutes.
- Allow to naturally release for 10 minutes then carefully manually release any remaining pressure.
- Stir rice.
- If there is a tiny amount of water at the bottom, that’s okay. Stir your rice up a couple times and it will soak in/evaporate quickly!
- Cooking time: resulting texture of this recipe is that the rice is fairly soft and a little chewy. If you want your rice a little more chewy (less soft) reduce cooking time by 3 minutes (and reduce water by 2 tablespoons). If you want your rice VERY soft increase cooking time by 2-3 minutes.
- Storage: place cooked wild rice in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 4-6 days.
Keywords: instant pot wild rice, wild rice instant pot