- one head of ice berg lettuce
- 1–2 slices of red onion
- 3–4 slices of deli meat*
- 2 slices tomato
- guacamole (optional)
- Take your head of lettuce (always remove the outer 2-3 pieces of lettuce and rinse/wash first) and lay it on a cutting board; take a large knife and cut off two slices from the lettuce to create buns (see photos in post for an example).
- Take one of the lettuce buns add as much mayo as desired.
- Top with tomato, onion, deli meat and guacamole (if desired).
- Place other lettuce bun on top.
- If concerned with Whole30, check ingredients of your mayo to ensure it is compliant or make your own.
- If concerned with Whole30, check ingredients of your deli meat – I like to use the Applegate brand.
- You could definitely make these sandwiches the day before work and store in the refrigerator overnight in an airtight container. If you are wanting to store longer than overnight I wouldn’t add the mayo or guacamole so the lettuce doesn’t get soggy.
Keywords: lettuce sandwich