Detailed instructions on how to make your own coffee-shop matcha latte! See Notes for links to the specific tools used in making this recipe.
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons filtered water
- 1 –2 teaspoons latte grade organic Matcha
- 1–2 tablespoons (more to taste) of honey or date syrup
- 1 serving collagen
- 3/4 cup coconut milk (I highly recommend this coconut milk!)
- 2–3 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
- Add water to small saucepan and bring to just under a simmer.
- Add matcha, honey and collagen.
- Whisk to combine .
- Meanwhile, add coconut milk and almond milk to a small bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Add coconut milk mixture to frother and froth according to manufacturer’s instructions. For the Breville model I used, I set the temp to approx. 138/37 degrees and used the “latte” frothing cap.
- Pour matcha into a large mug.
- Pour frothed milk on top of it and it will combine on its own.
- Sip and enjoy!
- Coconut Milk: I can’t recommend this carton of coconut milk enough! It is mixed with water (nothing else) and you can keep it in the fridge, but it don’t thicken so you can just pour out what you need in the morning!
- Frother: I use this frother to make this recipe
- Matcha Whisk: I used this whisk to mix the matcha, but this is a more traditional match whisk that works well too. I wouldn’t recommend using a metal whisk.
- Date Syrup: date syrup is really good, but it is dark brown so it will change the color of your matcha from bright green to more a brownish color.
- Other additions: you could add the following ingredients to your matcha mixture (before pouring frothed milk on top): 1 tablespoon ghee, your favorite adaptogen, 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Other milk options: other milks may work in the frother, this is just the combination that has worked very successfully for me after much testing. No matter what kind of milk you use (particularly if you are using nut milk or other dairy-free milk) it helps to add a scoop of full-fat coconut milk (or just coconut milk cream) to your milk. The extra fat helps it froth better! I have found that some nut milks really don’t froth at all and some froth pretty well! This combo has worked for me every time!
- Whole30: for Whole30 just eliminate the date syrup or honey! But I would add a little cinnamon and a splash of vanilla extract.
Keywords: how to make matcha latte