- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 3 Tablespoons flour
- 2 cups veal, chicken or fish stock
- Melt butter in saucepan
- Add flour all at once and whisk for about 2 minutes or until it gives off a nutty aroma and is a blonde color
- Continue to whisk while slowly adding stock a little at a time
- Once stock is completely integrated, bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer
- Let simmer for 15-30 minutes, depending upon the desired thickness of the sauce.
- Keep additional stock on hand in case you need to thin it out.
- Use immediately or keep in fridge for later use.