Crockpot mulled wine – a cozy and comforting holiday treat that is perfect for a crowd!
- 1.5 liters of red wine – two bottles (I used cabernet sauvignon)
- 1/2 gallon apple cider
- 1/2 cup real maple syrup
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 apple, thickly sliced
- 1 orange, thickly sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh cranberries
- 2–3 star anise
- Combine ingredients in slow cooker.
- Set to LOW.
- Once it is warm people can begin to drink it.
- It can sit in the slow cooker all day, the flavors will just continue to meld as it sits.
- whole cloves and nutmeg can also be used
- if you want it sweeter add additional maple syrup 1 tablespoon at a time
- feel free to cut in half using 1 bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon, 4 cups apple cider and 1/4 cup real maple syrup. I used a large slow cooker and it was pretty full so if yours is smaller/rounder, you definitely might need to halve it!
Keywords: how to make mulled wine, crockpot mulled wine, mulled wine