A simple and easy recipe for the best Crockpot Mulled Wine! A cozy and delicious holiday drink that is perfect for gatherings! Plus, it smells amazing!
Crockpot Mulled Wine (The Easiest Method)
I will be having a crockpot of this going constantly over the holidays!
I don’t know about you guys, but I have a TON of family coming to my house for the holidays – it is so nice to have a warm and cozy drink like this just sitting in a slow cooker for whoever wants it, whenever they want it. It has a little alcohol in it, obviously, but it is diluted with the apple cider – so it isn’t very strong at all. And the smell! That might be my favorite part! It just warms your house from the inside out!
What You Will Need
- red wine – we used Cabernet Sauvignon, but any of your favorite red wine varieties will work!
- apple cider – the perfect flavor and sweetness that is a nice compliment to the red wine.
- real maple syrup – just a little for a bit more sweetness.
- cinnamon sticks & star anise – the most amazing flavor and aromatics for this amazing recipe.
- apple, orange, & fresh cranberries – a variety of fresh fruit that bring both, natural sweetness and fresh flavor!
- Pro tip: this makes a big batch, meant for a crowd. If you have a smaller crowd feel free to halve the recipe!
What Wine Is Best For Slow Cooker Mulled Wine
I would recommend a red wine that is full-bodied, a little on the sweeter side and bold. Here are a couple suggestions for you:
- Cabernet Sauvignon (that is what I used)
- A full-bodied Pinot Noir would also work
How To Make Crockpot Mulled Wine
All you have to do is place all the ingredients in a slow cooker and turn on the low setting. Once it is warm enough, you can start enjoying it! So simple!
Can You Make Mulled Wine On The Stove Top
Yes! All you need to do is follow the same directions for the slow cooker (see recipe card below), but simply add it to a large stock pot or even a dutch oven (you might want to halve the recipe though as this was meant for a large slow cooker).
How Long Can You Keep Crockpot Mulled Wine
Let it cool off a bit and then keep it refrigerated for up to 3-4 days. To reheat, bring to a simmer on the stove top or put back into the crockpot and bring back up to temp.
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!
Crockpot mulled wine – a cozy and comforting holiday treat that is perfect for a crowd!
- 1.5 liters of red wine – two bottles (I used cabernet sauvignon)
- 1/2 gallon apple cider
- 1/2 cup real maple syrup
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 apple, thickly sliced
- 1 orange, thickly sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh cranberries
- 2–3 star anise
- Combine all ingredients in a slow cooker.
- Turn on the LOW setting.
- Once it is hot, you can begin to drink it.
- It can sit in the slow cooker all day, the flavors will just continue to meld as it sits.
- flavor options: whole cloves and nutmeg can also be used.
- sweetness: if you want it sweeter add additional maple syrup 1 tablespoon at a time.
- halve the recipe: feel free to cut in half using 1 bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon, 4 cups apple cider and 1/4 cup real maple syrup. I used a large slow cooker and it was pretty full so if yours is smaller/rounder, you definitely might need to halve it!
Keywords: how to make mulled wine, crockpot mulled wine, mulled wine