Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie – an easy and deliciously smooth smoothie that is perfect for breakfast on the go or a quick afternoon snack!
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/2 cup plain, dairy-free yogurt
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- Add ingredients to a high-powered blender. Blend on high, stopping to scrape down sides as needed, until consistency is smooth.
- Add additional almond milk, as needed, a splash at at time if you want your smoothie thinner.
- To thicken, add additional frozen banana or ice cubes.
- Frozen Fruit: you can make this with an unfrozen banana, but I would then recommend adding in a handful of ice cubes so it thickens and is cold enough. That being said, use frozen fruit for best results.
- Nut Butter: this recipe uses creamy peanut butter but you could easily substitute that with almond butter, cashew butter, any of your favorite nut butters would work!
- Collagen: I love adding collagen to all of my smoothies and a scoop of collagen works great in this one too!
- Smoothie Bowl: Feel free to reduce the amount of almond milk used so the smoothie is much thicker and then you can serve it as a smoothie bowl!
- Other add-ins: you can also add in ground flax or chia seeds!
Keywords: peanut butter banana smoothie