Poached Chicken – an easy, step-by-step tutorial that teaches you how to make poached chicken! Perfect for salads and dips!
- 1lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Bring a large pot of water to boil.
- Add chicken breasts.
- Let simmer 15-20 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
- Remove from pot and let cool slightly.
- Shred with two forks and use in your favorite salad recipe (we love this one).
- Storage: store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Chicken Thighs: you can easily use chicken thighs (I would recommend boneless chicken thighs) instead of chicken breasts. It may take a little less time for these to cook through.
- Uses: use for chicken dip (try this bbq chicken dip) or salads (try this Greek Yogurt Chicken Salad).
Keywords: poached chicken