- Whole head of garlic (as many as you want)
- 1 Tablespoon of avocado oil or olive oil (per head of garlic)
- 1 Teaspoon butter per head of garlic (use ghee to make Whole30/Paleo compliant or dairy-free)
- Kosher salt (1/4 teaspoon per head of garlic)
- Cut off the knobby end of garlic, exposing cloves.
- Place the head of garlic in the middle of large piece of foil or parchment paper on top of hand, cupping your hand around the head of garlic.
- Pour olive oil on top.
- Add salt and butter on top.
- Completely wrap up the head of garlic, keeping same side facing down.
- Place on cookie sheet.
- Cook at 400 for 45-60 minutes or until cloves are soft and spreadable.
- Serving suggestion: spread roasted garlic on bread or crackers.