Oven Roasted Garlic – Serve it on some bread or add it to your favorite recipe. There is nothing better!!
Okay is there anything better than the smell (or taste) of roasted garlic? Especially when it is roasted, bathed in olive oil, butter (or ghee) and salt!!! I will tell you there is not. Spreading it on a warm baguette is probably one of the best ideas ever. Pair that with a glass of wine and some fresh parmesan cheese – I am in heaven. Just make it this weekend – and tell me how amazing it is!
What You Will Need
- head of garlic: a whole head of garlic with the root end sliced off. Feel free to use as many as you like!
- avocado oil: you can also use olive oil.
- butter: you can substitute ghee if you want.
- Kosher salt: because what goes better with butter and garlic!
What Do You Serve With It
So many things! You can incorporate it in mashed potatoes, soups, dips, chili, etc.
Here are a few of my favorite ways to use oven roasted garlic:
- Vegan Roasted Garlic Alfredo Sauce
- Roasted Garlic Hummus
- Braised Lamb Shoulder + Mint Gremolata and Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes
How Long Can You Store it
You can keep it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
How to Make Oven Roasted Garlic
This process is so easy and will take so many recipes to the next level. Here we go –
Step 1 – you will need to cut off the bottom of the head of garlic so the bottom rests flat, like in the picture below. Trying to cut the tops off of as many garlic cloves as possible.
Step 2 – Take a sheet of foil or parchment paper, place garlic in the middle and top with a healthy amount of olive oil – try to let it sink down into the crevices
Step 3 – sprinkle on a lot of salt
Step 4 – then add a dollop of butter
Step 5 – wrap it up! Here is the foil example….
Step 6 – And the parchment paper. Use kitchen twine to tie it up.
Per my suggestion above…. pair with wine, fresh Parmesan cheese and a warm baguette.
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE:Print
Oven Roasted Garlic – a delicious, easy appetizer everyone is sure to love!
- Whole head of garlic (as many as you want)
- 1 tablespoon of avocado oil or olive oil (per head of garlic)
- 1 teaspoon butter per head of garlic (use ghee to make Whole30/Paleo compliant)
- Kosher salt (1/4 teaspoon per head of garlic)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut off the knobby end of a head of garlic, exposing cloves.
- Place the head of garlic in the middle of large piece of foil or parchment paper on top of hand, cupping your hand around the head of garlic, ensuring the exposed garlic cloves are facing you.
- Pour olive oil on top.
- Add salt and butter on top.
- Completely wrap up the head of garlic, keeping same side facing down.
- Place on cookie sheet and place in the oven, middle rack.
- Cook for 45-60 minutes or until cloves are soft and spreadable.
- Serving suggestion: spread roasted garlic on bread or crackers.
- Whole30: use ghee to make Whole30/Paleo
- Dairy-Free: You can just use olive or avocado oil to keep dairy-free or you could use a plant-based butter
Keywords: roasted garlic, oven roasted garlic