- water (approximately 8-12 cups)
- 2 stalks celery
- 2 medium carrots
- 1 sweet yellow onion
- 1 head of garlic
- 1/4 cup white wine (optional)
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2–3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2–3 sprigs fresh thyme
- leftover shells from lobster and shrimp
- Combine ingredients in a large Dutch Oven (I used a 5.5qt).
- Bring to a boil and then cover and reduce to a simmer.
- Let simmer 1-2 hours.
- Taste and add additional seasoning, as necessary.
- Strain and then either use in your favorite recipe or freeze for later use!
- Whole30/Paleo: simply omit the white wine to make this recipe Whole30/Paleo.
- How to Freeze: fill a mason jar approximately 3/4 full and then cover; place in the freezer and use within 6 months.
Keywords: seafood stock, how to make seafood stock