Classic Shrimp Cocktail – a delicious and easy shrimp cocktail recipe (with cocktail sauce recipe) – the perfect appetizer for any occasion!
Shrimp Cocktail Sauce:
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2–3 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1/4 cup chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce (optional)
- 1 pound jumbo shrimp, shelled/tail-on
- 2–3 lemon slices
- 2 teaspoons Old Bay Seasoning
- 1–2 teaspoons kosher salt
- Combine the Shrimp Cocktail Sauce ingredients in a small mixing bowl. Stir to combine. Taste and add any additional horseradish, as desired. Set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil (leave enough room in the pot to add the shrimp).
- Fill a large mixing bowl with cold water and add ice (this is your ice bath to stop the shrimp from cooking). Set next to the stove.
- Add the lemon slices, Old Bay Seasoning and salt to the pot of boiling water. Stir to combine.
- Add shrimp and let cook 1-2 minutes or until fully cooked.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and place directly into the ice bath. Let cool 5 minutes.
- Remove from ice bath and place on a shallow bowl filled with ice.
- Serve with Shrimp Cocktail Sauce and lemon wedges.
- Make Ahead: Make this appetizer up to 24 hours in advanced. Put the sauce and shrimp in separate airtight containers and store in the fridge until you’re ready to serve.
- Storage: Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Keywords: shrimp cocktail